Megyn Kelly finalizes NBC exit, will get remainder of $69M deal

0
27

Megyn Kelly has finalized her exit deal with NBC.

The anchor — who left “Today” in October amid her infamous on-air “blackface” comments over Halloween — now plans to head back to TV.

In a statement NBC News said: “The parties have resolved their differences, and Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC.”

Kelly will be able to take jobs at other networks as part of the deal.

While there is believed to have been little disagreement over money, sources tell Page Six Kelly initially refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

However, she agreed this week, and a source told us that Megyn would get the remainder of her $69 million deal, said to be between $25 million and $30 million.

“She signed the non-disclosure agreement, so don’t expect any tell-all books or big interviews,” the source said, adding it’s the standard NBC employment agreement.

The source added that Kelly — who hosted the 9 a.m. hour of “Today,” which was a mix of news and lifestyle stories — realizes her strength lies in news.

Last month, she was spotted with a new shorter haircut that harked back to her days on Fox News.

She told E! News of the new look: “I got it chopped! You know, it’s like coming on the new year. New beginnings… a fresh start.” She said that since her NBC exit, “I’ve been taking it easy.” And she also hinted at her return then saying, “You’ll be seeing me.”

And she beamed as she told TMZ Friday of her 2019 plans: “You’ll definitely see me back [on TV].”

The source said: “Everyone is so happy and ready to draw a line under this. Megyn’s leaving on good terms, there are no recriminations or problems.

“She’s free to pursue any job opportunities.”

The blond mom of three — who famously clashed with Donald Trump — is now looking forward to getting a TV role in the run-up to the 2020 elections.

Source